Nepal and the Himalayas are hosting a new type of leadership event. You could be one of the pioneers. This is not simply a trek to the Himalayas. It is a unique journey of development for leaders and emerging leaders, located in one of the most extraordinary and transformational regions on the planet.
A Journey towards successful Leadership
Each day will include a workshop focusing on the qualities for leadership in the 21st century. As you trek higher into the Himalayas, (3-6 hours per day) you will have the opportunity to discuss, reflect on, and develop your own leadership qualities. You will visit sacred sites of the Khumbu region and examine links between the spirituality of the past and its relevance to the present.
The Program will include:
- The three pillars of leadership – IQ, EQ, and SQ
- Qualities that make the difference
- The Eight Powers applied to leadership
- Management or Position VS Leadership
- 20th VS 21st Century Leadership
- Your personal vision and strategies to bring it to fruition
- Creating a powerful team and alumni
- Turning vision into reality
You will return with:
- Skills and strategies to develop your own leadership capabilities
- Strategies for leading with integrity, vision and inner power
- New ways of thinking
- Connections with people of like mind
- Personal journal of Self-Discovery and Leadership Development
- Photos and memories of an extraordinary experience
The program is for people who are in leadership roles, or moving towards leadership roles. This is a program designed to develop leaders who lead with vision, integrity and power. The trek is designed for people with a moderate level of fitness and good health.
The program has a limit of 10 places.
The Everest Region is unique: stone walled houses of ancient villages, golden roofed monastries set in stunning mountain scenery, the culture and above all the people themselves.
The Kathmandu Valley is home to numerous world heritage sites, shrines, temples, palaces and ageless sculptures. It is a living museum.
Most days will commence with a workshop and brief for the day, followed by 3-6 hours of trekking or site visits. During the walk, you will have the opportunity to reflect on and/or discuss the questions raised at the workshop session.
In the afternoon and evening, the leadership workshop will continue with exercises, discussions, reflections and exploration of the sites in the region.
This will be the daily pattern throughout the trek. Morning workshop session, walking, reflection discussion, exercises and afternoon/evening workshop sessions. For the very fit, there will also be some additional optional side walks.
It is said that no one ever returns from the Himalayas without some personal change. This location will be used as a catalyst for the development of leadership qualities through the workshop process. You will begin to develop a set of personalised tools – ultimately returning from the mountains with new insights, as well as shifting your ways of being, leading and achieving.
For dates in 2010/2011, or to enquire about personally tailored trips, please contact Sacred Journeys Nepal Treks Pvt. Ltd.
Regarding the cost, please contact Sacred Journeys Nepal:
Included in the expedition price.
- Leadership workshops and materials.
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- All meals and accommodation on trek.
- Return flight to Lukla
- Porter’s fees
- Guide and other trek staff
- Entry fees to national Park
- Kathmandu City tour.
Not included in the expedition price.
- International airfare to Nepal and associated taxes
- Nepalese Visa (approx US $30.00 payable on arrival at Kathmandu)
- Vaccination charges (see your local travel specialist Doctor)
- Dinners and lunches in Kathmandu
- Entry fees to museums, and any additional tours.
- Laundry, postage, personal clothing, medical expenses, personal travel insurance and items of a personal nature, such as bar charges and phone calls.
- Emergency evacuation charges
- Tips & Snacks and drinks